Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Thoughts after Graduation

Well here I am, a graduated senior. It hasn't sunk in and I know it will eventually, but I still feel the same as I always have. No happier, none the worse either. I must admit I hardly paid any attention to the ceremony, my thoughts were on my future and how I am going to make it all work, how I can make enough, prepare enough, become enough to go out on my own and attend the school that I have dreamed of attending since I was an early teen, maybe younger. It seems ironic that once I have that future within my grasp, I know my fingers may be just short or reaching it. It's not my fault I have small fingers, nor is it fault at all, it's a plan. While I was staring at the black drape behind the stage, plain and simple, I realized that I can do everything I can, work hard and prepare myself physically, financially, mentally, and spiritually, that may not be enough. And I realized, my best is all I can give, and I have not been giving it. How can I expect a miracle without working for it? I have the faith, but not the works. And as we learned in seminary, faith wothout works is dead. So here I am, beginning the summer out of high school, with the ultimate goal and desire to do my best every last step of the way. The results await me at the end of this road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment