Friday, June 28, 2013

Blessings of the 28th

I don't usually do a play-by-play on my day, but so much happened in these past few hours that I have to write it all down. I've been waking up early to exercise, and my dear Emma has been running with me. We met at 6:00 at the track by our homes and ran for a bit, then walked the nature trail, swinging sticks in front of our faces in hopes of whacking all spider webs away from us. All the while i complained about how hard it was for me to stand my horribly messy room that i felt i had no time to clean...But It was a wonderful start to my morning. Even greater, I stepped on the scale after I got changed for work to see that I have lost another 4.7 pounds. That totals up to almost 10 pounds in three weeks. I hope I can keep this up because I have to prove to myself and my Heavenly Father that I can take care of my body. I can. I know that I can :) 
Work was fine. My feet were dying, and at lunch I met mom at the bank and I opened up my checking account and received my first debit card... Yay for growing up. After lunch, Walmart hadan employee   fundraiser where the associates got to pay for water balloons to throw at the managers. It was very funny to watch. 
I was originally going to do a whole post about that, but now it seems so insignificant. After work, I came home to Emma rushing up the stairs with something in her hand. I walked upstairs, but Camarie tried to keep me from going into my room. She held me hostage on the couch until Emma cane out of my room and smiled at me. "I'm done." She said, as if nothing was odd about anything. I went into my room to see my laundry done and in baskets on the floor, a made bed, (and her signature.. My teddy bears reading books on my bed. She always picks her favorite books from off the shelf) and a very otherwise clean room. I just looked at her and she smiled. Then all I could do was hug her and say thank you. Now, though, I realize just how lucky I am to have a friend that takes a minor complaint, and fixes it out of the goodness of her heart. I wish everyday that I could be like that. 
After Emma went home, I called BYU and started working on my financial aid so that I can go to BYU in the fall instead of winter. It will be. Long process, but it feels right, so I'm doing all it takes. As I was working on finances, my Grandpa called and talked to me. In my adolescence, this is definitely the most I have ever talked to him. He congratulated me for my recent successes and accomplishments, and said he was hoping to come visit before I go off to school. To hear that from someone I didn't know very well, I tried hard to put it all together. I felt do bad after our conversation, because I even have judged my grandfather. I shouldn't have judged him based on his past or the present, but who he will be and can be. I am so happy that he made an effort to talk to me. When he comes, I will gladly accept him into my life if he wants to be a part of it. 
Lastly, I began the day in Ether chapter 4 of the Book of Mormon, and finished for the fourth time since I've been in Young Women's. how beautiful are the words of the prophets. How horrible the fate of these people. How beautiful the truth of the Savior. I am so grateful for my YW president for challenging me to read the Book of Mormon. I was already reading it, but I wasn't as engaged in it as I have been these past few weeks. The scriptures have gotten me through several very tough moments. It is my protection in a world with an adversary who I know is interested in making me fall. But with this book, with my support, my faith... He cannot get to me. I cannot let him. 
I am so grateful for my two best friends today. They have both helped me become who I am and remember who I want to be. Never underestimate the blessings of God. Never take blessings for granted, because, as Moroni says, all that is good comes of Christ. 
I am a Mormon. I know it. 
I live it. I love it. 

1 comment:

  1. You Are Beautiful & Amazing too! Thank you for being such a wonderful example of all that is righteous & true. You are an inspiration to me & so many others like you & I. I am very happy that you had such a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete