Friday, May 31, 2013

After Rain

I like to look for rainbows
Whenever there is rain
And ponder on the rooftop
Of an earth made clean again
I like to walk through rainstorms
It wipes my years away
And reminds me who's there beside me
Each and every day
I like to drink in moonlight
It fills my lungs with light
And even in the darkest times
The surrounding space is bright
I knew when I was baptized
My sins were washed away
Now I can be forgiven
And improve myself each day
I know when I'm not righteous
In lose sight of who I am
And I feel alone and hopeless
That I can't when I know I can
I know when I remember
What I knew when I was small
I can be wiped clean again
If I only give my all
I want my life to be as clean
As earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
To live with God again

No comments:

Post a Comment