Saturday, July 13, 2013

But A Small Moment

I'm a firm believer that the Lord shows His hand in the times we need it the most. Through my struggles in finding affordable school housing, I have learned to look at the bigger picture. My parents are one of the greatest blessings I have received on this earth. As we were talking about finances for BYU, she looked at me and said, "You know, Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail for 9 months though the coldest winter of the century." Here I am complaining about the lack of money, when others have gone through things like that. My afflictions are but a small moment compared to eternity. Insignificant. Yet, at this time and place I feel as if I have no way to go on. In more ways than one I am in over my head, and yet I try with all my might to pray and read scriptures and do all I can to make this a small trial. I notice that others look up to me, and I honestly wish they didn't. Of all people to look up to, it shouldn"t be me it should be God. He's the on helping me to be who I am, and the one who's put me through my trials to make me stronger. I just hope that I can rise above these challenges once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment