Friday, July 19, 2013

Breathing

The sty in my eye is throbbing
Keeping my thoughts away from this
The ache in my toes is increasing
So I believe there’s something amiss
The pain feels great, though, in contrast
To what I’ve experienced before
I cannot wish this all away
Because I’ve already closed the door
Breathe slower, run faster, run longer
I close my eyes for a moment or two
As I feel the wind upon my face
I don’t think to keep going, I just do.
Dogs somewhere are barking
A rooster now belts his morning song
A rainbow is in the sky beside me
I wonder if it’s been there all along
For though my breathing is ragged
And the sweat runs down my neck
I know that I’m in complete control,
I keep my own life in check.
The sky now shows its true colors
The sun rises as I slow to a walk
 I breathe and let my heart recover
As the robins begin their talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment