Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Missing my Missionaries

There are a lot of things I am missing this morning, but I woke up and smiled, because one thing my mother keeps telling me, "Each morning you wake up, choose to turn on your happy switch." she said, "You know your grandmother's favorite quote is 'be happy or act happy; no one cares which' " So this morning, I turned my happy switch on, but I guess the circuit breaker needs some work because I sat down to read my brother's email after breakfast, and almost couldn't make it through the email without tears. He entitles every email "Le Miracle I," "Le Miracle II," and so forth. Every week in France is a miracle to him. Every person he meets is a member of his family. Every thing he does is happy, joyful, leaning towards Heavenly Father and the true gospel.
When I was younger I knew my brother would serve a mission, and that when it happened, I would miss him. I didn't expect what happened. Both my siblings that are out on missions, my older sister and my older brother, were very beautiful and spiritual people. Now as I read their emails, receive their letters, I notice the difference in-between the lines of their writings. They are changing. Becoming more like Christ, more like the people they were sent on this earth to become. It is such a beautiful thing, and I am so happy for them, I am so happy to call them my brother and sister; but of all the things I am missing this morning, I miss them. So much.
They both wrote me special letters for my birthday. I'd never been extremely close with my brother, Alec. But we are close. Jenessa, growing up, was my roomate. Naturally we fought. Very often. However, we are very close and I miss her very much because she has always been there for me thrugh times like these, and now she is not here with me. In their letters, though, were some of the most beautiful words that have ever been spoken just to me. I cried through both letters. Alec's was in french, of course, because he is trying to encourage me to study it, as he wish he had prior to receiving his call. Jenessa's was an email that she sent my mom to print out and give to me. I will not share the letters, but one bit that my sister wrote to me.
"We are so so so special and you truly are an elect daughter of God and Satan will do all he can to stop youy from becoming the woman God wants you to be! Stay strong against Him and ALWAYS read your patriarchal blessing and remember Gods promises to you!"
Words. Those words, have been ringing in my ears. I am not working towards the woman I want to be. I am letting things of the world, things of my past, other people, and sickness barge in and turn off the happy switch. Yes, I miss my brother and sister. But they are doing the Lord's work on the Lord's time, and when they are done, It will be my turn. Yes, I miss them, But that will no longer bring me down, but lift me up.
Alec in France... Being who he is. :) 

Jenessa leaving at the MTC curb.


No comments:

Post a Comment